Health Tips for Heart, Mind, and Body
1. Don’t Drink Sugar Calories
2. Eat Nuts
3. Avoid Processed Junk Food (Eat Real Food Instead)
4. Don’t Fear Coffee
5. Eat Fatty Fish
6. Get Enough Sleep
7. Take Care of Your Gut Health With Probiotics and Fiber
8. Drink Some Water, Especially Before Meals
9. Don’t Overcook or Burn Your Meat
10. Avoid Bright Lights Before Sleep
11. Take Vitamin D3 if You Don’t Get Much Sun
12. Eat Vegetables and Fruits
13. Make Sure to Eat Enough Protein
14. Do Some Cardio, or Just Walk More
15. Don’t Smoke or do Drugs, and Only Drink in Moderation
16. Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil
17. Minimize Your Intake of Added Sugars
18. Don’t Eat a Lot of Refined Carbohydrates
19. Don’t Fear Saturated Fat
20. Lift Heavy Things
21. Avoid Artificial Trans Fats
22. Use Plenty of Herbs and Spices
23. Take Care of Your Relationships
24. Track Your Food Intake Every Now and Then
25. If You Have Excess Belly Fat, Get Rid of it
26. Don’t go on a “Diet”
27. Eat Eggs, and Don’t Throw Away The Yolk
Crazy health tricks that really work
Many methods to improve your health are pretty straightforward: to lose weight, eat less and exercise more; to boost your energy, get more sleep; to prevent dehydration, drink more water. Others, however, are totally counterintuitive. The following 12 tips really do work—but they may leave you scratching your head.
Follow a Heart-Healthy Diet
There’s an easy recipe if your goal is to keep away problems like heart disease and strokes.
Eat more fruits and veggies.
Choose whole grains. Try brown rice instead of white. Switch to whole wheat pasta.
Choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans, and legumes.
Cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt, and saturated fat.